COMPLEX ASSET DIVISION
Property division in divorces with complex assets
Any divorce can have complications and challenging disputes, but when complex assets are involved, it can make the resolution of those dispute much more difficult. Dealing with tax issues, hidden assets, premarital property, and the division of businesses retirement accounts, and other complex assets requires financial professionals and experienced legal representation.
Fortunately, achieving equitable property division in a effective manner is possible with the assistance of a skilled and knowledgeable family law attorney. Gena R. Larison has the necessary experience and required knowledge and resources necessary to deal with complex asset division cases. This experience and knowledge also leads to the ability to often resolve these issues without costly litigation.
COMMON ISSUES IN THE DIVISION OF COMPLEX ASSETS
Our firm had handled divorces involving executives, business owners, and other high-net-worth individuals where the division of marital and non-marital assets is necessary. In these cases, we frequently work with appraisers, accountants, and other financial experts to deal with the many issues that could arise, including:
- Identifying and evaluating assets and property, including investment accounts, deferred compensation, and other sources of income
- Locating assets that have been hidden but are still subject to equitable division
- Reviewing any prenuptial agreement that has been reached and either upholding or contesting its validity
- Tracing assets that have not been listed on tax returns or financial statements
- Resolving tax issues that could impact the equitable division of assets
- Identifying and tracing premarital or nonmarital assets that are not subject to division with your spouse
When dealing with complicated aspects of divorce and property division, an experienced attorney is invaluable and can help you keep costs and stress lower during the process. Achieving a fair, reasonable settlement is almost always preferable to litigation. If necessary, however, Gena R. Larison can effectively handle your important legal matters in court and protect your rights.