We offer a broad range of legal services to individuals and families


Modify your current court orders

While your original court order may have met your needs or been in the best interest of your children at the time, circumstances can change and you can find that your court orders regarding custody or support no longer meet your needs or the needs of your children. There are many reasons why a modification of your court orders may be necessary, and the law provides you with options. Modification of your order for child support, custody, and other family law issues may be possible with the help of an experienced attorney.

Gena R. Larison can provide legal advice about post-decree modifications, and personal service and guidance for your unique legal issues, and has been helping families throughout Butler and Warren Counties since 2006. Discussing your situation with Attorney Larison can give you more information and understanding about your rights and assist you in making responsible decisions that are in the best interests of you and your children.


Court orders obtained during a divorce or dissolution cannot be changed for just any reason. There are a variety of valid reasons, however, why changes can be made to court orders pertaining to parenting time, custody, child support, and spousal support. These reasons may include:

  • Relocation due to employment or marriage
  • Changing needs of a child that require additional support
  • Changes in the parents’ lives that require a change in custody rights or parenting time
  • Loss of a job, or increase or decrease in income
  • Medical expenses resulting from an injury or illness
  • Retirement of a party
  • Contempt issues

Modifications to custody orders require a party to demonstrate to the court that there has been a change of circumstances since the initial custody order and that the proposed modification is in the best interest of the child. Attorney Larison can assist you in understanding this legal standard and what it means for your specific case.

Modifications of support orders, whether child support or spousal support, must also meet certain legal tests. Gena R. Larison has years of experience helping individuals understand the law regarding support and can ensure that accurate financial information for both parties is presented to the court to establish a proper and fair order.

Contact us at 513-863-0664 to learn more information about post-decree modifications to divorce orders in Ohio. We can help you make the necessary changes that you and your family need.